The Counselling Room offers an online therapy service which uses a secure video link; enabling individuals to access talking therapy where face-to-face meetings would not be possible.
The Counselling Room uses a platform which is simple to use and has a high standard of data security which, makes it more confidential than some other services.
For online sessions to be effective, it will be important that you are able to access a private space with no interruptions so that confidentiality can be maintained in our work.
Just like face to face appointments, punctuality and a shared commitment to our work is important. The regularity of online sessions will be agreed with you in advance.
Should you choose to access talking therapy online; you will need to:
- Install an online interface on your operating system i.e. Windows 7 or later, MAC OS X or MAC OS 10.6 or later or a phone/tablet such as IOS, Android or Blackberry.
- Check that your device and internet connection support access to the medium and that you have audio and video settings configured.
Accessing your online therapy meeting
- I will send you a link to the appointment via email.
- Click on the link before the appointment to check that you can access the ‘waiting area’.
- At the agreed time of your appointment, I will allow access to the meeting.
If you think that online therapy could be an option for you, please get in touch to arrange an appointment.