A New Relationship
Choosing a counsellor can be a difficult process; finding someone you can relate to, who accepts you and is trustworthy.
Please take your time to consider the information below before you decide if you would like to access an initial meeting.
Beverley Bond (Dip. Therapeutic Counselling, BA Hons.)
I am a qualified counsellor and registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) www.bacp.co.uk.
- As a registered member of the BACP; I have made a commitment to work within professional and ethical standards for good counselling practice.
- I have studied and continued my professional development for a minimum of 6 years in Therapeutic Counselling and Trauma Informed thinking.
- I undertake regular clinical supervision and continuous professional development.
- Registered as an approved counsellor for: Health Assured, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- I am an experienced Counselling Service Manager, third sector: I have experience in working with adults and adolescents who have been impacted by abuse. Of particular interest to me is the impact of trauma and specifically post-traumatic responses in both the mind and the body.
- My core approach to therapy is centered upon ‘psychodynamic’ thinking: this approach is about exploring unresolved issues and conflicts from the past that are believed to affect the present. I draw on a range of other therapeutic approaches in practice including; approaches to thoughts and behaviours, psychoeducation and trauma stabilisation. Applying thinking in this way can help with a wide variety of issues such as: anxiety, depression, anger, self-injury, relationship problems and trauma symptoms.