The Counselling Room works in partnership with both the public and private sector in Doncaster, and Rotherham; supporting a positive mental health and well-being agenda for employers.
Calling all employers, can you make improvements to the support provided to your employees; including those with mental health and well-being difficulties?
Whilst there is no legal requirement to provide employees access to talking therapies, it is acknowledged that protecting employee mental health has positive benefits.
The Stevenson & Farmer Report: ‘Thriving at Work‘ provides good practice guidance on the core standards recommended for employers:
- Produce, implement and communicate a mental health at work plan;
- Develop mental health awareness among employees;
- Encourage open conversations about mental health and the support available when employees are struggling;
- Provide employees with good working conditions and ensure they have a healthy work life balance and opportunities for development;
- Promote effective people management through line managers and supervisors;
- Routinely monitor employee mental health and well-being.
Stephenson & Farmer’s report places emphasis on the need for employers to provide a ‘tailored in-house mental health support and signposting to clinical help’ regardless, of the type or size of business.
Mental health is unique to the individual and experienced differently by people. Responsible businesses understand the value of the individual and their well-being.
The Counselling Room works in partnership with local businesses and their employees to provide a tailored response to mental health services; improving attendance, retention and importantly the ability of individuals to thrive in the workplace.
For more information on enhancing the mental health and well-being of your employers, please make contact.